Friday 23 May 2014

The Last Day

The clock stroke 2:00. having finished the paper I put my pen down. 15 more minutes until my last exam was done. I glimpsed at the hill through the class window. A small black bird challenged my depth perception that had worsened with my astigmatism, the distorted glass wasn't much of a help. Meanwhile my sense of time was shaken by a simple question, how did it pass so quickly?

In that 15 minutes i found my self looking for meaning. Expecting a moment to have a certain meaning just because it marks the end of something drastic. Having trouble finding any I realized that lack of meaning in moments we wish were defining but pass like any other, might make us think about ourselves as irredeemable. Perhaps that's why many detest change. Also, why those who don't need meaning embrace this trend of instability. As one of my friends says: Don't be a warm comfy sheep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment